Printing in CIT labs is available via Net-Print, a service offered by Cornell Information Technologies. It is a fast, easy, and inexpensive way to print.
How to obtain a Net-Print Account
To use Net-Print, you’ll need your Cornell NetID, your password, and a Net-Print account.
You can have one or more Net-Print accounts. There are four types of accounts:
- Bursar – available to registered students
- Cash – available to anyone with a Cornell NetID (requires online use of a credit card)
- Course – for students in courses that provide printing allocations
- Departmental – for use by staff and faculty in a particular department or unit
For more information and to set up an account, go to: http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/netprint/howto/account.cfm
Printing from a CIT lab computer
- If you are printing from a lab computer, the Net-Print Software is already installed. Choose the Print command in your application and then select a Net-Print printer.
- You’ll see the following dialog box
- Enter your NetID and password
- Confirm that CIT.CORNELL.EDU is selected in the Realm box
- Click OK
- When you are finished printing, locate the Kerberos window and close it.If you don’t destroy the ticket, the next person to use the computer can print using your account.